Is your Fire Department looking for a grant to purchase StoveTop FireStop?
We want to help!!
There are a variety of federal, state, local and even corporate grant programs available to help Fire Departments implement fire prevention initiatives in their communities. Each individual grant has eligibility requirements and prerequisites that must be satisfied, many of which require substantial research and preparation. We are happy to provide assistance to any Fire Departments who wish to apply for grants to fund StoveTop FireStop automatic fire suppressors in their community.
Ok, I want to apply for a grant for StoveTop FireStop. How do I start?
Due to the competitive nature of grants and the fact there are typically more requests for funds than funds available, there are a few key steps that will assist you in writing a winning proposal.
- Know the guidelines! Make sure you know all of the requirements for the grant including deadlines, required documents and eligibility.
- Be prepared. Make a list of all the “must-do” requirements as far in advance as possible. The number one reason grants are turned down is failure to follow directions.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Look at previously awarded grants as this may be a good indicator of the types of projects and amount they typically fund.
- Outline your program. Before you start writing your application, have a clear plan for your program and what you will be using the money for.
- Write your application. This is your chance to really make a strong case for your Department to receive the funds.
- Review your application. Go over all of the requirements one last time to make sure you have included all of the requested information and documents. Have someone proofread it.
- Submit your application. Make sure you that you submit your application before the deadline.
How else can you help?
We are more than happy to provide you with the following resources to assist you in writing your grant application:
- Best Practices for grant writing
- Grant guidance documents
- Samples of awarded grants
In addition, here is a list of the the available grants for Fire Prevention and Safety programs that we know about. This list is being continually updated as we get feedback from Fire Departments across the country. If you know of a grant that we can add to our list, please send us an email here.
- FEMA Fire Prevention & Safety Grant
- Walmart Community Giving Grant
- Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation Grant